join our growing team.
Please check our open positions below and let us know how you can make a difference at fuseproject.
Senior UX Designer
San Francisco, CA
fuseproject is looking for a Senor UX Designer in our (Digital) Experience Design team. We are looking for a candidate who is creative, passionate, and unwilling to compromise their drive to create stunning and engaging designed experiences that make a difference to our clients, their brand, and their customers.
We are looking for a true student and connoisseur of experience design, not bound by the constraints of traditional digital thinking nor the expected design patterns and trends that drive the industry. You must be passionate about your craft, always excited to embrace the next challenge, thrive in ambiguity and love the chaotic and rewarding nature of a design challenge. You should both engage clients you work with and inspire the team working with you. You should be a hybrid in your thinking, your skillset, and your approach. And like all of us, have willingness and desire to learn every day and see the world through many lenses – always challenging your own assumptions, those around you and willingly step into the unknown.
Your role will take you across the spectrum of design – from early stage strategy, research, product definition, ideation and concepting – to deep systematic and detailed experienced design for real-world implementation. Our UX & Experience Designers craft how the individual interacts with a product or service. Activities revolve around tight integration and collaboration across the studio’s disciplines, and rigorously engaging in product / service research, concepting, information architecture development (site maps, user flows, sketches, wireframes, experience frameworks), systematic design, and interaction design to create powerful digital, physical and/or environmental experiences.
Like all roles within fuseproject, you will be hands-on; executing designs and establishing a strong point of view and translating into tangible and tactile design artifacts. While a hybrid role by design, you must embrace discovering, understanding, and communicating the business requirements of our clients, the emotional desires of their customers, and the context in which these two come together. Having a strong passion for and understanding of user-centered design processes, systematic thinking, and interaction design principles is crucial for your success.
We expect you have curated your work into an impressive portfolio that shows ideas, stories and compelling digital products and platforms. We are looking for a Designer that will bring new creative energy to the table with thinking, process and designs that are refined, considered, current and forward thinking.
Job Details & Skills:
- Conduct behavioral analysis, user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Design and specify information architecture, micro interactions, and user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, competitive audits, market research, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Produce personas, ecosystem diagrams, customer journey maps, service blueprints, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, interaction frameworks, wireframes, design annotations, prototypes, or design specifications
- Effectively synthesize and communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and through execution
- Work closely with other disciplines to ensure that design requirements are achieved
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other XD designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and industrial designers
- Ability to articulate complex solutions clearly
- Quick-thinking, personable, flexible
- Ability to span the spectrum from vision, storytelling, and concepting – to deep systematic detail design execution
- Collaborative, inclusive and flexible team member who can successfully work across disciplines with various stakeholder groups, both within fuseproject and across client organizations
- Able to produce results both independently and collaboratively as a team member and mentor others
- Experienced with shipping and launching multiple products while having the ability to work within a high demand, fast-paced team
- Solid understanding of systems thinking and integrated holistic thinking including ecosystems
- Play a key role in the preparation, delivery and presentation to clients
- Understanding a client’s business and communication goals, and translating them into unique creative solutions
- Set an example – find new stimulus to disrupt your thinking, develop new interests, travel. Do what you must to stay curious
- Ensure rationale behind design decisions and happily discuss the validation and thinking behind these decisions
- Always ensure that deadlines and requested deliverables are met to the highest level of quality, both for internal reviews and external presentations
- Comprehensive awareness and love of new platforms, technologies, and trends for the digital channel and related mediums
- Meticulous and obsessively detail oriented
Background & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in a design role
Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Exhibits broad, comprehensive UX and iXD design solutions
- Clearly shows process, thinking and finely crafted UX deliverables
- Demonstrates a passion for digital product development
- Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter
- A portfolio is an essential piece of any application for a Design role. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work will unfortunately not be considered