join our growing team.
Please check our open positions below and let us know how you can make a difference at fuseproject.
Senior Retail / Environment Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
Founded in 1999 by Yves Béhar, fuseproject is an award-winning, integrated design agency. Taking a long-term approach to developing products, experiences and brands, fuseproject works globally and across a wide array of industries as diverse as technology, furniture, fashion, environmental design, and consumer goods.
We fuse together design disciplines including design strategy, industrial design, brand, packaging, experience design (UI/UX), and environmental design for corporate clients and startups such as Herman Miller, Samsung, USAID/DFID, PayPal, Movado, Kodak and many more.
The Senior Program Manager works to ensure that the fundamentals of program management are seamlessly delivered every day.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Create stability and predictability for your programs
- Create optimum conditions for creativity
- Maintain a detailed grasp of project plans and project priorities as they evolve
- Collaborate with creative leads across different disciplines to navigate the team through each program
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to accurately forecast team resources needed to complete client work
- Collaborate on writing work stream briefs and requirements documents
- Prepare and share meeting agendas, objectives and outcomes
- Keep studio resourcing and time tracking systems up to date and accurate
- Attend on-site physical prototype reviews, consolidate feedback, and turn discussions into actionable tasks
- Build relationships with and manage workflow integration with multiple 3rd party vendors
- Bring experience to shop in shop, boutique, and indirect build timing in order to create successful and realistic schedules
- Basic knowledge of materials and build process for retail / environments elements
Required Skills / Experience:
- 5-7 years of Project management experience in a DESIGN/agency/consultancy environment
- Strong understanding of the creative process (and mind)
- Strong critical thinking and verbal abilities
- Experience in formal project management methodologies, including various forms of documentation but with the flexibility of an acrobat
- Experience managing retail or environments design projects
- Excellent writing skills and ability to produce enough project documentation, business requirements documentation and functional specifications to drive successful development
- Must have experience in a range of project management situations (i.e. multiple industries and corporate structures, projects of varying duration and complexity)
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal communication skills
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree
- Domestic and international travel is required