join our growing team.
Please check our open positions below and let us know how you can make a difference at fuseproject.
Senior Industrial Designer- Europe
We are currently seeking a Senior Industrial Designer that has an outstanding product portfolio and experience in creating industry-changing products.
Founded in 1999 by Yves Béhar, fuseproject is an award-winning, integrated design agency. Taking a long-term approach to developing products, experiences and brands, fuseproject works globally and across a wide array of industries as diverse as technology, furniture, fashion, environmental design, and consumer goods.
We fuse together design disciplines including design strategy, industrial design, brand, packaging, experience design (UI/UX), and environmental design for corporate clients and startups such as Herman Miller, Samsung, USAID/DFID, PayPal, Movado, Kodak and many more.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Defining and leading the activities required to generate a clear, compelling, and actionable design point of view for the project team.
- Primary content creator responsible for Design deliverables on the project.
- Collaborating with account managers and design leads to define and refine scope, brief, and approach to the project.
- Interacting independently with the client to further fuseproject’s design point of view and to support the continuity of design vision throughout the production process.
- Ongoing and day-to-day involvement with the client’s engineering, science/R&D, operations, and manufacturing teams.
- Collaborating closely with the local fuseproject team, supporting the strategic design direction of the portfolio in-line with fuse SF creative leadership.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with design teams both on-site as well as in San Francisco on a daily basis.
Required Skills / Experience:
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in Industrial Design, product design/development, strategy consulting, or equivalent
- Live, breathe, love design
- Passionate thinker about consumer behavior
- Experience with major national or international brands is a must
- Sensitivity to international consumers and markets
- Deep knowledge of materials and production processes
- Deep understanding of quality control and other techniques for manufacturing
- Willingness to take direction and learn from others
- Multilingual skills are welcome
- Min. Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Product Design
- This role will be dedicated to one specific client for at least an 24 month period.