join our growing team.
Please check our open positions below and let us know how you can make a difference at fuseproject.
Senior Design Project Manager
San Francisco, CA
We are hiring for a very specific client that is in the fortune 500 and is transforming their entire ecosystem of products and reshaping their entire category with fuseproject. The overall program has a multi-year trajectory and spans across all the studio disciplines. As a Sr. Program Manager, you will help develop and execute the plans that allow our design teams to kick some serious…well, you know.
This person should have a passion for bringing amazing experiences to life. Critical skills are understanding what experience design is and the ability to be a partner with our design leads in communicating the design intent to client and product development teams.
You will be working as part of a broader multi-disciplinary team that includes industrial design, strategy, user experience, and brand design. You will need to adapt your approach and methodology to best suit the needs of the overall program.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with chaos and ambiguity (no really, that’s a thing, we are not just saying that!) You have the nuts and bolts of effective project management down pat, but know that even the most intricate plan needs to turn on a dime. You’ve got Project or Program Management experience and know how to get the best out of your tools. You aren’t happy just turning the crank on known problems with known processes. You admit when you don’t have the answer, and you have a point of view on the best path to find it. More, you can communicate this clearly to your teams and clients. You’re a natural collaborator who can work closely the team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Consulting with your team-leads, to develop a clear plan of action on your programs
- Clearly conveying the process and work plan to clients and your teams
- Ensuring all deliverables are clearly specified, scoped and agreed between client and team
- Keeping the team current with critical information, and filtering information effectively
- Accurately forecasting the resources needed to execute client work; keeping studio resourcing and time-tracking systems up-to-date
- Capturing meeting notes, but more importantly translating them into meaningful and relevant direction for the team.
- Scheduling and coordination across time zones and interlocking puzzle pieces: early morning calls and email are a regular part of the day, usually starting at 8:00AM, but 7:00AM is not unheard of.
- Communicating utilization rate clearly to clients and team; re-forecasting program time/cost as necessary
- Note: you will be dedicated to a specific international client for an extended period of time
- Prior and proven design-related experience required, no joke!
- 5-8 years of Project Management experience in a design/agency/creative environment
- We have an innovation framework, but you’ll need to know the basics of the design process to be successful
- Knowledge of manufacturing and or product development a huge plus
- Strong critical thinking and verbal abilities
- Experience in formal project management methodologies, including various forms of documentation – but with the ability and desire to learn new approaches and apply them at scale
- Experience managing a variety of digital, physical/hardware, packaging and strategy projects
- Excellent writing skills and ability to produce enough project documentation, business requirements documentation and specifications to drive successful alignment
- Must have experience in a range of project management situations (i.e., multiple industries and corporate structures, projects of varying duration and complexity)
- Excellent advocacy, negotiation and interpersonal communication skills
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree
- Domestic and international travel will be required
- Open to possibility of relocation to work directly with client