join our growing team.
Please check our open positions below and let us know how you can make a difference at fuseproject.
Mid-Level Visual Designer
San Francisco, CA
Does bad kerning give you a migraine? When designing, do you think, what would Paul Rand do? Do you analyze your purchases based on its packaging? Do you have a deep passion for all things Adobe? Are you constantly looking for the perfect font to complete you? Well then, we have a home for you. We’re looking for a creative, grid loving, type obsessed mid-level graphic designer to join our brand team. We are a studio of 80+, but a team of 6+. We’re fun, collaborative and above all, we love all things design.
Founded in 1999 by Yves Béhar, fuseproject is an award-winning, integrated design agency. Taking a long-term approach to developing products, experiences and brands, fuseproject works globally and across a wide array of industries as diverse as technology, furniture, fashion, environmental design, and consumer goods.
We fuse together design disciplines including design strategy, industrial design, brand, packaging, experience design (UI/UX), and environmental design for corporate clients and startups such as Herman Miller, Samsung, USAID/DFID, PayPal, Movado, Kodak and many more.
If this sounds like you, join us. Send us your online portfolio of work that supports the below requirements:
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Concept and create designs that help get the clients message across with strong visual impact on a projects including brand and visual identity, packaging, activations, exhibitions, etc.
- Collaborate with project leads, visual designers and industrial designers.
- Work closely with strategists and project managers…as well as your brand teammates.
- Research materials, brainstorm and mock up your designs.
- Design multiple concepts that fit the client’s needs (options).
- Create final designs, working to a deadline and within a budget.
- Ability to work with illustrators, photographers, videographers and retouchers to achieve results.
- Amending designs according to the clients’ final comments.
- Preparing designs for final production.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Degree in graphic design or related field
- 3+ years’ experience working in a design/creative studio
- Proficient in Adobe CS skills: Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
- Proficient in Keynote (it’s what we present in)
- Attention to detail (this is not overrated)
- Not afraid to spell-check and do your own production
- Take direction, refine concepts and initiate improvements
- You sketch, create mood boards and have a story for your work
- Produce original, thoughtful and visually strong designs
- Ability to manage your own time and meet deadlines
- Ability to explain your ideas
- A genuine team player