join our growing team.
Please check our open positions below and let us know how you can make a difference at fuseproject.
Marketing and Communications Manager
San Francisco, CA
This role demands a person with initiative and drive, eager to develop new ideas in order to drive the many innovative facets of our business and our work. The Communications Manager should come prepared to develop and execute and thriving social media program, create exciting content for our website and blog, and bring a fresh perspective to our project launches and award submissions.
In your past life, you may have been in a leadership role in a PR agency, a freelance PR practitioner or an in-house PR manager. You know how to drive strategic media relations programs and campaigns and love to roll up your sleeves and work directly with reporters to drive stories that create impact for a business. You take joy and pride in developing long-term relationships with a range of different people, from reporters to clients to the internal fuseproject community.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Drive brand awareness through meaningful stories in relevant publications, speaking engagements, and other high-visibility platforms.
- Develop global communications plans and ensure its execution, promoting new product and program announcements, company partnerships, and key business milestones working cross-functionally across the organization.
- Develop and execute full-year original content calendar for fuseproject blog.
- Manage updates to website content including project descriptions and digital assets in coordination with graphics team.
- Management of all website, social media and digital content communications, including blog posts, social media, and email blasts.
- End-to-end coordination of press engagements, including photo and video shoots, interviews, speeches, exhibitions.
- Work with DL’s to develop thought leadership, including speech writing, presentation building, and op-eds.
- Development of messaging around all design work, and creative oversight of content creation for media activations.
- Develop and manage marketing budget to ensure that resources are invested wisely.
- Advise clients on media activations strategy for all design work, including oversight of client internal and external PR/Marketing teams.
- Support Program Managers in pitching and executing Go-to-Market work, including visual collateral, events, and outreach.
- Oversight and coordination with external PR teams over planning and execution for all client events and project updates, including launches and pertinent announcements.
- Develop winning submissions for global design awards (written material, creative content, imagery).
- Work with PR agency to update fuseproject press kit.
- Create strategy and manage implementation for all social media channels, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Support internal communications and corporate announcements.
- Direct oversight of/coordination with external PR team(s).
Required Skills / Experience:
- A minimum of 8+ years of PR and media relations experience. Agency and in-house experience preferred.
- A self-starter with the ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment, and comfortable with non-hierarchical organizations.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and a natural storyteller.
- Has the capability to build and sustain momentum, and an ability to keep an eye on the big picture while managing the details.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where every day is different.
- Has an optimistic, can-do approach. Embraces change and is excited about exploring new ground and trying new things.
- Has a natural passion or a curious mindset towards design, and can translate complex processes into simple and understandable terminology.
- Proficient in Google Analytics and Sprout Social