join our growing team.
Please check our open positions below and let us know how you can make a difference at fuseproject.
Lead Visual Designer
San Francisco, CA
The Lead Visual Designer works on the brand and visual design team but will collaborate with all design disciplines in the studio to bring brand experiences to life. We are looking for a designer with deep experience building brand identity systems for clients large and small, in a wide range of categories, across all touchpoints. You can lead multiple projects simultaneously, providing mentorship for junior and senior designers and a confident, persuasive voice when partnering with clients. When needed, you can take complete ownership of a project from concept to execution to implementation.
Send us your online portfolio of work that supports the below requirements:
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Lead specific activities on projects ranging from brand development (brand strategy, naming, visual identity and system design), to brand activation/implementation (print collateral, packaging, digital communications, environmental graphic design).
- Think conceptually AND strategically.
- You have vision but care about minute details.
- Concept and create designs that have a strong unified message across all touchpoints.
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams and clients to guide decision making and facilitate alignment.
- Lead brainstorms and generate ideas that have actionable results.
- Mentor junior designers and cultivate their talent.
- Articulate and defend the value of your designs in design critiques and client presentations.
- Manage the relationships with, and creative direct, outsourced partners such as illustrators, photographers, videographers and retouchers.
- Have excellent time and task management skills, ensuring project milestones are met on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with strategists, program managers and account directors to define project requirements and scoping needs.
Required Skills / Experience:
- 8+ years’ experience working in a design/creative studio that partners with global clients
- Highly proficient at Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Keynote, Google Docs, Microsoft Office.
- Skills in After Effects, Premiere, Cinema 4D, Sketch a plus
- Experience with launching high visibility projects in a high demand, fast-paced environment.
- Lead projects under minimal supervision.
- You are collaborative, flexible and a genuine team player. No job is too big, no job is too small.
- Ability to produce results independently or as part of a team.
- Successfully manage a project from start-to-finish producing compelling results.
- Experience working with large organizations on complex design solutions.
- Successfully work across disciplines with various stakeholder groups, both within fuseproject and across client organizations.
- A strong communicator, influencer and advocate for quality design and the ability to present solutions.
- Clearly articulate problems and solutions in order to achieve results.
- Focus on the integrity, strategy and vision of a creative project, not just the visual aspect.
- Degree in graphic design or related field.
- Willing to travel internationally up to 20%.