join our growing team.
Please check our open positions below and let us know how you can make a difference at fuseproject.
Front Desk Coordinator
San Francisco, CA
The Front Desk Coordinator role requires working closely with the Studio Office Support (SoS) team to ensure the studio runs like a well-oiled machine. The Front Desk Coordinator is the face of our studio, the first point of contact to all guests. This role is a vital part of our team and must be warm, calm, professional, welcoming and have a great sense of humor. Must love food and must be clean and organized. There is no task too big or small! The receptionist reports directly to the Studio Operations Manager.
Founded in 1999 by Yves Béhar, fuseproject is an award-winning, integrated design agency. Taking a long-term approach to developing products, experiences and brands, fuseproject works globally and across a wide array of industries as diverse as technology, furniture, fashion, environmental design, and consumer goods.
We fuse together design disciplines including design strategy, industrial design, brand, packaging, experience design (UI/UX), and environmental design for corporate clients and startups such as Herman Miller, Samsung, USAID/DFID, PayPal, Movado, Kodak and many more.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Daily oversight of conference rooms and calendar support
- Greeting and accommodating all guests
- Managing and ordering catering for client lunches
- Assist with opening/closing the studio, ensuring safety standards are met
- Ordering and maintaining kitchen supplies (a love for Snacks is a plus)
- Cleaning and organizing a bustling employee kitchen
- Receiving and delivering all mail and packages
- Creating relationships with vendors and frequent visitors
- Managing, updating and sharing the daily “Master Calendar” to update the entire studio on daily happenings
- Greet Gallery visitors and help answer general questions
- Ad Hoc projects that arise on the fly
Required Skills / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2+ years in a customer service role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in ordering catering for large groups
- Strong sense of self, presence, and grace under pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent follow-through, and devotion to seeing tasks through to completion
- Self-directed, proactive, able to work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google programs
- Must be organized and tidy. Neat freak a plus!