join our growing team.
Please check our open positions below and let us know how you can make a difference at fuseproject.
Design Project Manager
San Francisco, CA
Founded in 1999 by Yves Béhar, fuseproject is an award-winning, integrated design agency. Taking a long-term approach to developing products, experiences and brands, fuseproject works globally and across a wide array of industries as diverse as technology, furniture, fashion, environmental design, and consumer goods.
We fuse together design disciplines including design strategy, industrial design, brand, packaging, experience design (UI/UX), and environmental design for corporate clients and startups. You may be dedicated to a single client for duration of a client engagement, or you may have 3-4 smaller clients to work with.
The Program Manager works to ensure that the fundamentals of project management are seamlessly delivered every day under the supervision of more senior members of the team. Opportunities to advance in either the project or account management fields.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Create stability and predictability for your programs
- Create optimum conditions for creativity
- Navigate your team confidently through each program
- Maintain a detailed grasp of project plans as they evolve
- Alert your manager appropriately if the team departs from the project plan
- Work with your manager and team to accurately forecast team resources needed to complete client work
- Prepare and share meeting agendas, objectives and outcomes
- Keep studio resourcing and time tracking systems up to date and accurate
- Deliver reports on team hours spent on nominated projects
Required Skills / Experience:
- 2 – 5 years of Project or Product Management experience in a DESIGN/agency/consultancy environment
- Strong understanding of the creative process (and mindset)
- Strong critical thinking and verbal abilities
- Experience in formal project management methodologies, including various forms of documentation but with the flexibility of an acrobat
- Experience managing both digital and physical/hardware design projects, or similar creative endeavors
- Excellent writing skills and ability to produce enough project documentation, business requirements documentation and functional specifications to drive successful development
- Must have experience in a range of project management situations (i.e. multiple industries and corporate structures, projects of varying duration and complexity).
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal communication skills
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree
Domestic and international travel is required