join our growing team.
Please check our open positions below and let us know how you can make a difference at fuseproject.
Design Lead- Europe
We are currently seeking a Lead Industrial Designer that possess outstanding product portfolio and experience building and guiding a team of designers.
Founded in 1999 by Yves Béhar, fuseproject is an award-winning, integrated design agency. Taking a long-term approach to developing products, experiences and brands, fuseproject works globally and across a wide array of industries as diverse as technology, furniture, fashion, environmental design, and consumer goods.
We fuse together design disciplines including design strategy, industrial design, brand, packaging, experience design (UI/UX), and environmental design for corporate clients and startups such as Herman Miller, Samsung, USAID/DFID, PayPal, Movado, Kodak and many more.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Defining and leading the activities required to generate a clear, compelling and actionable design point of view for the project team
- Providing leadership and support in presenting and selling in the work with clients and key stakeholders
- Ongoing and day-to-day involvement with the client’s team.
- Collaborating with account managers & directors to define/refine scope, brief, and approach to the project and larger client relationship
- Providing guidance and direction to design teams across a number of different projects
- Providing leadership and support in the development of internal skills and tools to help the team stay at the forefront of our field
- Collaborating closely with the local fuseproject team, supporting the strategic design direction of the portfolio in-line with fuse SF creative leadership.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with design teams both on-site as well as in San Francisco on a daily basis.
- Mentoring and guiding Industrial Designers
- Working with HR to identify and recruit talent for the team
Required Skills / Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Industrial/Product Design, product development, production process, brand management, strategic product planning, strategy consulting, or equivalent
- Live, breath, love design
- Passionate thinker about consumer behavior
- Strategic mindset and system’s thinker as it relates to all consumer touchpoints.
- Experience with major national or international brands a must
- Sensitivity to international consumers and markets
- Appreciation and understanding of technologies, materials, manufacturing processes, and operations.
- Willingness to take direction and learn from others
- Multilingual skills are welcome
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Product Design.
- This role will be dedicated to one specific client for at least an 24 month period.